Windows Hello is a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows devices using a PIN, facial recognition, or fingerprint. You'll need to set up a PIN as part of setting up fingerprint or facial recognition sign-in, but you can also sign in with just your PIN.
- Under Manage how you sign in to your device, you'll see three choices to sign in with Windows Hello:
- Select Windows Hello Face to set up facial recognition sign-in with your PC's infrared camera or an external infrared camera.
- Select Windows Hello Fingerprint to set up sign-in with a fingerprint reader.
- Select Windows Hello PIN to set up sign-in with a PIN.
How to activate Windows Hello Face
- Select Windows Hello Face and press setup.
- Press Get started
- Follow the instructions and scan your face with your laptops webcam.
- Press setup PIN.
- Verify your account with your computer password.
- Select an 6 digit code (numbers only) and confirm this and press OK button.
- Now the setup is ready.
How to activate Windows Hello Fingeprint
- Select Windows Hello Fingerprint and press setup.
- Press Get started.
- Enter your security PIN. NOTE - If you do not have setup Windows Hello face you
need to select a 6 digit code (numbers only) and confirm this and press OK button.
Touch the fingerprint sensor at your laptop and follow the instruction.