- You will be prompted that additional information is required. Press Next
- On the Additional security verification page, select Mobile app from the Step 1: How should we contact you area.
- Select Receive notifications for verification from the How do you want to use the mobile app area, and then select Set up.
The Configure mobile app page appears. Now go to step 4 and don't follow the steps in the Configure mobile app screen(this is already setup on your device)
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select your Azure AD account and select Set up 2-step verification
- Use your device's camera to scan the QR code from the Configure mobile app screen on your computer, and then choose Next.
- Return to your computer and the Additional security verification page, make sure you get the message that says your configuration was successful, and then select Next.
The authenticator app will send a notification to your mobile device as a test.
- On your mobile device, select Approve.
- On your computer, add your mobile device phone number to the Step 3: In case you lose access to the mobile app area, and then select Next.
We strongly suggest adding your mobile device phone number to act as a backup if you're unable to access or use the mobile app for any reason.
- From the Step 4: Keep using your existing applications area, copy the provided app password and paste it somewhere safe.
- Select Done.
Register for Multi-Factor Authentication Print
Modified on: Mon, 29 Mar, 2021 at 11:00 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.